Thursday, January 3, 2008

Library Podcasting

I visited several library websites and tried to access their podcasts. I was blocked many times by Websense and was unable to listen or view any of the information on the site.
I did, however, find some booktalks on one of the sites I visited and was finally able to listen to a book talk on John Lithgow's Mahalia Mouse Goes to College and others.
I was frustrated by my inability to access the podcasts and was really interested in hearing some of them. I noticed some of the library sites also had songs available for the patrons to enjoy. I believe podcasts by a library can be a valuable tool for providing patrons with information and booktalks on new books, etc.

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Great post! Remember, you can alway use a public Internet workstation when web sense blocks your way in your L2 journey.